After any organizing project, you may wonder what to do with all that unwanted stuff! Items can be sold at a yard sale, put on consignment, listed on eBay or Craigslist, given to others through Freecycle, or donated to a thrift shop or charitable organization. Many options involve giving back to those in need, which we love to see happen!
We support organizations that in turn are reaching out to help people in their communities and around the world. Some of them even will come to your home to pick up household goods and furniture. Plus, donations made to registered charities are tax deductible. This is just one small way we can all help to make a difference in the lives of others.
Drop-off Thrift Shops & Charities:
Phone or go to website for details on locations/ hours.
- Star of Hope Mission – serving in Paterson
- Goodwill Stores – various locations
- The Salvation Army – various locations
- Soles for Souls – donating shoes to people in need
- Clothes for Souls – donating gently worn clothing
- Ditto Upscale Resale – serving in North Haledon
- Growing Kids – unique resale for kids and adults
- Value Village – unique thrift shop in Hawthorne (973-423-3444)
- Dress For Success – Morris County
- Habitat for Humanity ReStores
- New Eyes For The Needy – recycling old eyeglasses for the needy
- Recycling For Charities – recycling old cell phones, & cameras to charity of your choice
- Market Street Mission
- Project Linus
- Adorned in Grace
- Glass Slipper Project
Website will provide on-line scheduling options.
- The Salvation Army
- Vietnam Vets of America
- Good Donor – supporting multiple charities nationwide
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Lupus Foundation of America
- United War Veterans Council
Additional Donation Ideas:
- Food Banks
- Animal Shelters
- Homeless Shelters
- Pregnancy Homes
- High School or Community Theater Groups
- Historical Societies
- Military Families
- Senior Centers
- Daycare Centers
- Veterans Homes
- Church Yard Sales
Still have questions on what to do with things like shredding, vinyl records, expired medications, electronics, computers, books, or musical instruments? We have a large network of resource information that is updated on a regular basis. We know where to sell, trade, recycle or donate just about anything!