How well does your company support grieving employees? The physical and emotional reactions to grief affects the productivity of every business, regardless of size. It’s estimated that grief-related losses cost U.S. companies as much as $75 billion annually, and have a tremendous impact on production, sales, and services. It doesn’t have to be this way.
Most businesses do not have the right information, training, and best practices to effectively respond when death and crisis occur. A compassionate and grief informed work culture ensures employee morale, retention, and reduces financial loss. The 90-minute Workplace Grief Workshop provides the knowledge and skills needed to navigate through the impact that grief has on individual employees, and the entire organization.
- Understand grief, the grieving process, and the emotions resulting from the loss of a loved one
- Raise awareness around the myths, stigmas, and judgmental perceptions surrounding grief
- Learn best and worst things to say to someone who is grieving
- Compassionately respond to and support grieving employees
- Offer sympathetic care and concern for all who are closely associated with the bereaved employee
- Reduce or prevent the effects of grief-related productivity and loss revenue
- Demonstrate a proactive commitment to the well-being of all employees